This just in from Brecon Beacons Tourism....
"We’re chuffed to let you know that Cardiff-based Orchard Media and Events Group, in collaboration with Cardiff social media specialists Mela have been awarded the contract to support PR and social media for the Brecon Beacons Destination until the end of March 2016.
"Both companies are highly experienced communications companies, with a deep knowledge of the Brecon Beacons, and close involvement with Visit Wales and the forthcoming Year of Adventure.
"The remit is to work with Brecon Beacon Tourism and the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority to achieve:
• Six familiarisation visits to the Brecon Beacons National Park between now and March 31st 2016
• A database of 24 press contacts with a description of their interest in the destination - to whom partners can send appropriate press.
• Delivery of special offers for the destination.
"The PR agency will be at the upcoming Brecon Beacons Tourism members meeting on November 17 10am - 12.30pm, at The Bank, Brecon to give a presentation on how you can engage. They look forward to meeting as many of you there as possible, but in the meantime, we would be grateful if you could give some thought to the following to help us achieve our objectives:
• Do you have any Ideas for special promotional offers – e.g. accommodation nights; meals; entry to attractions; gifts – that we can use on social media between now and next Easter.
• Would you be prepared to offer Accommodation, meals, entry to attractions to facilitate potential journalist visits – between now and next Easter.
• Any Quirky stories you think may be used by us to attract media attention.
"Securing your help to deliver cost effective press trips will greatly enhance the appeal for journalists to visit us, and, as many of you hopefully know from experience, positive media coverage will lead to an enhanced profile for the Beacons and often for any businesses directly involved - ultimately the idea is to increase visitor numbers overall.
"Please put forward any ideas you may have on this to firstname.lastname@example.org" More stories