A Brecon Meeting Centre Pioneer Workshop is taking place at Theatr Brycheiniog on March 10th led by the Association of Dementia Studies at Worcester University.
Rhiannon Davies from Dementia Friendly Brecon told FYI that:
It's particularly important that those living with and affected by dementia are aware of the workshop so they can voice their needs and shape any future thinking and plans."
In the workshops, Professor Dawn Brooker, Director of the Association of Dementia Studies will cover:
- The background to Meeting Centres - history, principles and ethos including the adjusting to change approach.
- How to set up an Initiative Group of interested stakeholders.
- Creating an implementation plan which includes:-
• Who the target group is (who will attend the Meeting Centre);
• The programme of activities (for people with dementia, for carers; for the community);
• Finance (funding and sustainability);
• Finding a good location;
• Protocol and collaboration between stakeholders;
• Staffing and training;
• PR and marketing (reaching out to participants and referrers).
"This is a great opportunity for learning and taking action."
Places can be booked either through Rhiannon on 01874 676617 or directly with Worcester University through Mike Watts on 01905 542532
07940961006 More stories